It’s been a little over a year since I last wrote in the blog. Part of that is because of being busy and part is because I’ve been completely re-building SupernaturalTruth.com. Well, it was a great sabbatical from writing online, but I’m excited to be back in action; and I can’t wait to share with you the changes this site is making for the future!
First, here are some of the “busy things” I’ve been up to:
- Josiah (Joey) will be turning 4 this month, and Jeremiah (JJ) is almost 2 and a half! That should have been enough to keep me busy. We actually potty-trained both this year! Both boys are happy and healthy, and they love to lay hands on people to minister healing. If you ask JJ where Jesus is, he says, “In my heart!” And if you ask him what Jesus is doing there, JJ jumps into his “super hero” stance and declares, “Fighting monsters!” I’m not sure where he picked that up, but Robin and I think it’s awesome!
- I produced and directed a movie! A couple years ago, my friend James Loruss approached me with an outrageous idea. To make a long story really short, the Lord blessed us miraculously with equipment and a whole lot of favor, and we released Paid in Full last year. This full-length documentary film is the first of its kind; not only did we show footage of miracles happening today, but we interviewed more than 30 different people who practice healing ministry so that we could train and equip the viewer to minister healing as well. There’s also a 40-Day Activation Manual and a Small Group DVD study with extra footage that didn’t make it into the film. We’re using some of the profit to build a self-sustainable orphanage in Uganda. More on that next. At the end of this post, I’ll share the trailer with you.
- More than 1,000 testimonies of healing, and hundreds of decisions for Jesus! I’ve traveled a lot in the last year including the eastern United States, Uganda, and Slovakia. In February, James and I took a team of 12 to the rural village of Wanenga, Uganda, where I met Pastor Paul Basuule Habib back in 2011. Many of you may remember some of the testimonies from my first trip and how dramatically it changed the course of my life and ministry. This trip made a similar impact on me as we conducted a large-scale evangelistic event in the nearby town of Bugiri. It was the largest Christian event ever to be held there and brought great encouragement and unity to the churches. About 5,000 attended over 3 days. About 700 people testified to being miraculously healed on the first night alone, and hundreds made decisions to follow Jesus.
- Progress on the Orphanage. As many of you know, I’ve been raising money to build a self-sustainable orphanage in Wanenga for a couple years now. We have about five acres of land — two for the orphanage complex itself and three for growing crops, which is what will make the project self-sustainable for the people in Uganda. Last year’s fundraising laid foundations for two buildings and built two pit latrines. Our mission team built the kitchen structure, laying brick and putting on a sturdy roof designed to withstand the winds that often come through the area. We only need to raise about $40,000 more, and the result will be a self-sustainable orphanage that will be able to care for 100-200 street children at a time for their entire childhoods! If you’d like to give toward this project, you can give a tax-deductible gift in the United States here.
- We’ve started our next film project. The testimonies that came from Paid in Full have simply blown our minds. We’ve heard of cancer being healed, deaf ears opening, and entire churches being activated in healing ministry. We realized the influential value of filmmaking, and this encouraged us to keep going. My ideas for the second film kept escalating, and before I knew it, I realized I had far too many ideas to fit into one movie. So we are actually filming three documentaries simultaneously right now! We’re keeping the second two quiet for now (since they won’t be released for a few years), but we’re already taking pre-orders on the first film so that we can fund all the travel we need to do. Voice of God will feature such influential voices as Reinhard Bonnke, Todd White, Loren Sandford, Daniel Kolenda, Steve Thompson, Dr. Bill Hamon, and more. Like Paid in Full, this film will not only show the miraculous results of listening to God’s voice, but our interview subjects will train and equip the viewer to do the same things. If you’d like to help fund the project, please consider pre-ordering today. The movie will be released in 2016.
There’s so much more I could share about this past year — I saw Jesus heal people of fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, cancer, degenerative discs, tumors, cataracts, deaf ears, and so much more. It has been a wild ride to say the least!
But what I really want to share with you in this update is the future course of SupernaturalTruth.com.
What started back in 2007 as a mere blog has now grown into a multifaceted company. This web site is now the home of Supernatural Truth Productions, LLC!
Some aspects haven’t really changed: You’ll still find free media like the blog and podcast (and now videos!). I’m currently re-building the free Spiritual Gifts Test so that you can save your results under a user profile, but the legacy version from the old site can still be accessed here.
I also want to introduce you to a couple friends who will now be joining me in producing material for the site — blogging with me, posting videos, participating in future film projects, and occasionally adding products to the store:
- James Loruss, as I mentioned earlier, was the creative mind behind the idea for Paid in Full. He is a musician, preacher, and all-around fun guy who loves Jesus and cares deeply for the lost and hurting. James is the person who works most closely with me in producing our films and does all the musical scoring.
- Jonathan Ammon is an urban missionary in an inner-city area of Detroit called Hamtramck. Jonathan is a die-hard disciple-maker who remains actively committed to evangelism, training believers, and stirring up a growing movement of the Kingdom in Detroit and beyond.
Both these men have ministered alongside me for more than a couple years and have played key roles in what God is doing in Uganda and through our films around the world. All three of us share a passion to see the entire Body of Christ trained and equipped to live and minister like Jesus, both in character and in power. I’m sure you’ll enjoy the teachings and insights they bring to the table! (If you can’t wait to hear from them, check out the book that the three of us co-authored this year: the 40-Day Healing Ministry Activation Manual.)
Even with all these updates and the growth of our ministry, I’m still the same ordinary guy I always was. I’ll still keep everything as practical and down-to-earth as I know how, and I’ll still probably publish new content on a fairly sporadic and unstructured schedule.
One thing I intend to do that’s new, though, is to limit any e-mails for the mailing list to no more than one per month. If multiple articles, podcasts, and/or videos are posted to the web site within a month, they’ll be combined into a single mailing with highlights and “teasers” that link to the full-length articles. Given the site’s new purpose as a production company, you’ll also receive updates about our movies, books, and other materials within those same e-mails. My goal is to offer the commercial content some subscribers want to hear about without losing the flavor of this site as a place for high-quality free content to help you grow in your walk with Jesus.
Thanks for being part of what God’s doing in our lives and ministries and for all your encouragement and support as we seek to obey the Lord’s commission to go into all the world and make disciples for Him. It’s great to be in the same Kingdom as you!
P.S. – As promised, here’s the trailer for Paid in Full: