Who We Are:
Supernatural Truth Productions, LLC, is a for-profit production company that creates and distributes books, movies, audio, and other media in both tangible and digital formats. Our web site, hosted at SupernaturalTruth.com, is the central hub of activity for customers, clients, subscribers, authors, affiliates, and other visitors.
What Personal Data We Collect and Why We Collect It:
On our site we may collect any or all of the following data with your permission:
- Email address
- Billing address
- Phone number
- Portions of credit card information (Payments are processed by a trusted third-party vendor–PayPal or Stripe–which means we do not keep your payment information on our servers.).
- Products you’ve viewed (We’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed)
- Location, IP address and browser type (We’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping)
- Shipping address (We’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and then, of course, send you the order!)
- Contact Form entries
- Record of Purchases
- Comments, ratings, and reviews
- Web site URLs
- Affiliate marketing payout information
Information is collected from you when you place an order in our store, fill out a form, sign up for our e-mail list (powered by MailChimp.com), or contact our company in any way.
The information collected from you is used to process transactions and to send periodic emails from Supernatural Truth Productions, LLC. No data is sold or shared with unauthorized or unrelated parties.
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
In compliance with the European Union’s GDPR regulations, all personal data retained by this site shall be:
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to the data subject (‘lawfulness, fairness and transparency’);
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall, in accordance with Article 89(1), not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes (‘purpose limitation’);
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed (‘data minimisation’);
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay (‘accuracy’);
- kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed; personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes in accordance with Article 89(1) subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organisational measures required by this Regulation in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of the data subject (‘storage limitation’);
- processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures (‘integrity and confidentiality’).
How do we protect visitor information?
We use an SSL (Secure Socket Layer) certificate and use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
We implement security measures when a user:
- places an order.
- enters, submits, or accesses their information.
- signs up for the e-mail list.
We use PayPal and Stripe as payment gateway providers.
Who On Our Team has Access:
Our company is small, and only a few of our team members interact with your data or have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you. All team members are contractually committed to confidentiality and discretion, and all are educated and regularly updated on best-practices in managing and protecting all data.
Embedded Content from Other Websites:
Articles on this site may include embedded content (for example, videos from YouTube.com or Vimeo.com). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
When visitors leave comments on our site, we collect the data shown in the “comments form” and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help with spam detection.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart,
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits,
- Calculate and manage affiliate commissions for our Customer Referral Network,
- Improve and streamline the overall user experience,
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third party services, such as Google Analytics, that track this information on our behalf.
If you leave a comment on our site, you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you are a content provider and edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Disabling cookies should not significantly affect the user’s experience, unless that user wishes to store multiple products in their shopping cart. If you experience any problems, please contact us via e-mail.
Note: If you only wish to opt out of accepting Google Analytics cookies while retaining use of our site’s other cookies, you can download the relevant browser add-on from https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Third Party Disclosure:
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer Personally Identifiable Information, except as required to conduct reasonable business. Our web site securely interacts with the following third-party providers:
- Google Analytics – We use Google Analytics to track general data on our web site to help us understand traffic flows, customer demographics, and the popularity of various products, posts, and pages. Note: If you wish to opt out of accepting Google Analytics cookies (while retaining use of our site’s other cookies), you can download the relevant browser add-on from https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Follow this link to read How Google Uses Information from Sites or Apps that Use [Their] Services.
Third Party Links:
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
We have not enabled Google Adwords on our site, nor do we presently use Google ads for our content. While it is not presently our intention to do so in the future, we reserve the right to begin using Google Ads at any time. Customers on our email list will be notified by e-mail if this occurs.
If you are a content provider on our site and upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you use a Contact Form on our web site, we may collect any or all of the following information:
- E-Mail Address
- Any Other Relevant Information Entered into the Form
This data will not be stored on our servers but will be delivered to an appropriate e-mail client. We will use your information to respond to your request but not for unsolicited marketing purposes. You will not be added to a mass-email list unless you specifically opt-in to sign up.
How Long We Retain Your Data:
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue and also maintain the quality and integrity of the online conversation.
For users who register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Contact form entries and other e-mails are saved in our email software (not on our web site) for only as long is as necessary to be sure an issue is resolved and the communication no longer needs to be referenced. This data is not aggregated for use outside of the specific conversation.
When a customer places a pre-order, we print out a paper copy of their invoice with shipping information and store it in a secure location in our office. This paper is shredded as soon as the order is completely fulfilled.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 4 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We do not store any payment information on our site for any length of time.
What Rights You Have Over Your Data:
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request an overview of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we either erase or anonymize any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
To enact these rights, please use our Data Access Request form.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously
- Users are able to change their personal information by logging in to their account
How does our site handle “Do Not Track” signals?
We honor them and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
We do not allow third party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
We do not specifically market to children under 13
Fair Information Practices
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify the users via email as soon as we are made aware
- We will notify the users via in site notification as soon as we are made aware
We agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
We collect your email address with your permission:
- To send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- To process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders
- To market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to your clients after the original transaction has occured
- We may also send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
To be accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
- We will NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses
- We will identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
- We will include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
- We will monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- We will honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
- We will give an ‘opt-out’ or ‘unsubscribe’ option
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
P.O. Box 87922